Fleurieu & KI

Junction Australia Domestic Violence Services

Junction Australia Domestic Violence Services support people experiencing domestic and family violence across the Fleurieu and on Kangaroo Island.

Their services include:

- Support with safety planning

- Support to engage with police and legal services

- Exploring financial assistance options

- Referrals to Domestic and Family Violence specific services e.g. counselling & legal services

- Support to stay safely in your home

- Exploring housing and accommodation options

- Culturally specific support for First Nations and non-English speaking people

- Referrals to other service providers and community organisations

The Fleurieu Domestic Violence Services operating along the Southern Fleurieu Peninsula, covers the Victor Harbor, Alexandrina and Yankalilla council regions.

If you DO NOT live on the Fleurieu Peninsula or Kangaroo Island and need assistance, please see their other resources below:

- SA Police: 131 444 or 000 in an emergency

- Domestic Violence Crisis Line (emergency accommodation and after hours support): 1800 800 098

- 1800 Respect (national counselling helpline, information and support 24/7): 1800 737 732

- Women's Legal Service Advice Line (legal advice, representation and community education): 1800 816 349

- Indigenous Women's Outreach: 1800 685 137

- Rural Women's Outreach: 1800 685 137

- Child Abuse Report Line: 13 14 78

Legal Service

InDIGO Domestic Violence Unit

InDIGO program is a free and confidential legal service that assists victims of family/domestic violence in the southern suburbs of Adelaide.

InDIGO can provide advice and assistance with: family law, child protection, tenancy, debt, immigration and intervention orders.

To be eligible for the service you must have experienced or are experiencing family/domestic violence and live and/or work in the council areas of City of Onkaparinga, Marion Council, Victor Harbor or Kangaroo Island.

To access INDIGO's free legal support contact their office - click on the number below

The InDIGO program is an initiative of the Women's Legal Service (SA).



Confidential information, counselling and support service

1800RESPECT is available for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to support people impacted by domestic, family or sexual violence.

Call 000 if you are in danger.

1800RESPECT is the national domestic, family and sexual violence counselling, information and support service.

Call 1800 737 732, text 0458 737 732, chat online or video call via our website.


Adult Safeguarding Unit

If you suspect you or someone you know is being abused or mistreated, you can contact the Adult Safeguarding Unit:

- Call 1800 372 310

- Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm (except on Public Holidays) for free, confidential advice, information, or support or to make a report to the Unit

- Email

- Complete the online report form.

You can make a report about any adult over the age of 18 who may be vulnerable to abuse. The Adult Safeguarding Unit is not an emergency/crisis service.


AusPost Mail Redirection Service

Australia Post offers free 12-month mail redirection for victims of domestic violence within Australia.

Family and domestic violence is the biggest cause of homelessness in Australia. If you need help staying connected, AusPost will make sure your mail still gets to you. You’ll also have the one-off option of free PO Box access for up to 22 months.

How to apply

You can apply in-person at any Post Office in Australia. Please make sure you bring the following documentation with you:

- A completed mail redirection form (PDF 99kB) - printed forms are also available from your local Post Office

- Individual proof of identity

- For victims of domestic violence: either an intervention order, statutory declaration from the police, or notice on an approved letterhead from a supporting agency

Please note: AusPost will send all applicants listed a letter to the old address to confirm that they are aware of, and authorise, the redirection of their mail as part of our support for victims of domestic violence. This letter will not disclose the new address details (where the mail is being redirected to), nor be traceable to the new address.

If you need to continue your mail redirection for longer than the free service period, please note that applicable rates will apply.

Crisis Accommodation

Bramwell House

Bramwell House provides supported crisis accommodation for single women and women with children escaping domestic violence.

The women are assisted with immediate needs; a safe place to stay, Centrelink contact and help to establish an income, assistance with food, counselling and support. Bramwell House staff are committed to enabling women and their children, who have suffered abuse to make a new start.

Referrals to Bramwell House are accessible by calling the Domestic Violence Crisis Service on 1800 800 098.

- Bramwell House will promote best practice in an effort to provide the highest quality of care and services to women and children escaping domestic violence.

- Bramwell House seeks to encourage active participation and input of all staff and volunteers and will value ideas and feedback as to the service's structure and direction.

- Bramwell House is committed to a process of continuous improvement and works in conjunction with existing women's services.

Financial Assistance

Escaping Violence Payment

Escaping Violence Payment (EVP) Program: Financial Assistance for Victims of Intimate Partner Violence

The Escaping Violence Payment (EVP) program offers vital financial assistance to individuals over 18 who have recently experienced intimate partner violence, undergone changes in living situations, and are facing financial stress. An intimate partner is defined as someone with whom you have had a romantic relationship, including spouses, partners, boyfriends, or girlfriends. This encompasses various forms of abuse, including physical, verbal, sexual, emotional, spiritual, psychological, and economic.

If you've recently left or plan to leave a violent intimate partner and are struggling financially to ensure your safety, you may be eligible for up to $5,000 in financial aid. This assistance includes up to $1,500 in cash or cash equivalents based on your needs, up to $3,500 in goods and services such as removalists or essentials for a new home, and time-limited support, including casework and assistance in accessing support services and pathways. The payment is personalized to meet your specific needs.

To be eligible, you must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of a protected special category visa living in Australia, be 18 years or older, experiencing financial stress, and have not accessed EVP in the last 12 months. Additionally, you must have changed or be planning to change your living arrangements due to intimate partner violence within the last 12 weeks.

To access the payment, you can apply directly yourself via the Uniting website or seek assistance from a support worker. If you're currently experiencing intimate partner or family violence and need immediate support or advice, you can call 1800 RESPECT or the 24-hour Domestic Violence Crisis Line on 1800 800 098. In case of emergency, dial 000.

The EVP program aims to provide essential support and assistance to individuals affected by intimate partner violence, ensuring their safety and well-being during challenging times.

Financial Abuse

Financial Independence Hub

The Financial Independence Hub is a free, confidential, on-going support for people who have experienced financial abuse. It’s available to you regardless of who you bank with. You do not need to provide evidence or tell your story to access the service.

The Financial Independence Hub (FIH) supports people of all gender identities who:

- have experienced ANY kind of financial abuse 

- are not in crisis right now

- are ready to consider your financial future

- are over 18 years old and live in Australia

You do not have to be a permanent resident or have a visa. They can organise an interpreter if you need one.

Your FIH coach will support you as long as you need it. Some people just need to talk things through a bit. Some people need more support. Your FIH coach will listen to you and help you sort out how to move forward. They can also refer you to other services, attend appointments with you, help you work out a budget or negotiate debt. YOU decide how they can support you.

Being supported by an FIH coach may help you:

- feel more confident about dealing with money and making decisions

- be more in control of your finances

- find it easier to manage things independently

The FIH phone line is open from Monday - Friday 5:30am - 5:30pm ACST.

Women & Families

Limestone Coast Domestic Violence Service

The Limestone Coast Domestic Violence Service (LCDVS) supports women and children in the South-East who are experiencing domestic violence. The Service provides supported accommodation in one, two and three bedroom units and houses.

They also provide outreach support for women who do not require accommodation but are still experiencing domestic violence, in keeping with their belief that the ideal place for a woman and her children is their own home.

Staff provide individual case management in a culturally-sensitive way that respects the choices that people make, and offers additional support through confidential and professional counselling, information and referrals for options in housing, medical, legal, income and advocacy.

Who: Women and their children who are escaping or experiencing domestic and family violence, or are homeless or at risk of homelessness due to that violence, are eligible for services.

Where: The LCDVS has services available to women across the Limestone Coast. Our team workers will travel to all communities as needed.

How: For a confidential assessment please call 8303 6640.

Contact: The team on (08) 8303 6640 or by email to